Attending sales events and conferences really is one of the best ways to keep informed about current market trends and opportunities. That said, if you were to attend every event throughout the year, well… there may not be much time left for selling! With this in mind, we’ve decided to do the groundwork for you, compiling our top sales tips from this year’s events to date.
1. Kyle Porter, CEO Salesloft – On sales culture
People, Processes, Technology – in that order. We need to have a more personalized approach to everything we do, the era of batch & blast is over.
2. Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO, Entrepreneur, Author – on selling
Wake up every morning wanting to put yourself out of business.
3. Craig Rosenberg, Co-founder & Chief Analyst, TOPO – On account based everything
Account based everything is not tactical. It’s strategic, you need to map the process behind your sales.
4. Jacco van der Kooij, Founder of Winning by Design – On modern sales
Customers want a new experience. They don’t need to be sold to, they want to hear success stories.
6. John Barrows, Owner j.barrows LLC – On building your prospecting engine
You get pushed to who you sound like.You have to sound like a CIO if you’re trying to get pushed to a CIO.
7. Jim Keenan, Owner at A Sales Guy Inc. – On salespeople
We all know who the shitty salespeople are. Don’t be afraid to get rid of them.
8. Rob Jeppsen, Owner at HireVue – On modern sales
You gotta give people what they expect, and then a little more.
9. Jeffrey Hayzlett, Owner at CSuiteTV – On senior executives
You’re going to make mistakes when talking to the C-Suite, no one’s going to die. Take the risk!
10. Brent Adamson, Author of The Challenger Customer & The Challenger Sale
Left to their own devices, the one thing your customers want to avoid is change.
12. Rob Jeppsen, HireVue – on sales excuses