Top takeaways from Sales Kickoff Summit 2016 (Day 2)
The Sales Kickoff Summit 2016 continued to raise interest across the different topics on it’s second day, and after another great line up of speakers talking and sharing their ideas, we’ve compiled a list of our top takeaways.
1. “Entrepreneurs are always frustrated, every single day. But they do something about it.” Aaron Ross, Predictable Revenue
2. “The second sale is the easiest, present new offers to previous buyers.” Grant Cardone, Cardone Training Technologies
3. “Too many salespeople have a script that they refuse to adjust despite the reaction.” Gary Vaynerchuk, Entrepreneur, Investor, and Author
5. “If you teach people to fish, they’ll figure out that you sell fishing poles. Jon Ferrara
6. “Not personalizing your message is the biggest mistake you can make while selling to enterprise customers.” Lacey Bell, Adobe Systems
7. “All decision makers listen to the same radio station – WIIFM. What’s In It For Me?” Craig Elias, Trigger Event Selling™
[blockquote author=”” link=”” style=”” target=”_blank”]”Have your buyer prioritize their pain points. Which would they choose if you could magically fix ONE today?”[/blockquote]
Juliana Crispo, Startup Sales Bootcamp
9. “Making decisions for your employees robs them of ownership.” Aaron Ross, Predictable Revenue
10. “You need to lead with value – not with your company, credentials, awards, etc.” Jill Rowley, Startup Advisor, SocialSelling Evangelist
11. “When you start caring more about your client than you do about your quota, you become a sales Jedi.” Gary Vaynerchuk, Entrepreneur, Investor, and Author
12. “If you’re not going to use technology to make your process and people more effective, don’t buy them.” Trish Bertuzzi, The Bridge Group Inc.
14. “You need to be able to paint a picture in a conversation. The lost art of sales is the storytelling side.” Richard Harris, Harris Consulting Group
15. “Leave the irrelevant features at home. Don’t think you have to overpitch, you don’t.” Juliana Crispo, Startup Sales Bootcamp
16. “Adding a 2nd point of contact to a call doesn’t double, but TRIPLES your chance of closing an account.” Craig Elias, Trigger Event Selling™
You can check out our top takeaways from the first day of the summit here, but if you heard any other great tips at this event, comment below and let me know.