Do you live and breathe all things marketing? Are you on top of all the latest marketing trends but can take a step back and evaluate their real business application? Does social media sharing come just as naturally to you as talking? Do you have a thing or two to say to Mr. Patel and Mr. Godin? But, most importantly, did you know the meaning of “polymath” without the need to pull up the dictionary?
If your answer is a solid “yes”, you might be the wiz we’re looking for to join our OnePageCRM team!
- Be a part of a small and dynamic marketing team ready to take on the world.
- Work closely together and report to the Marketing Lead.
- Masterfully juggle everything from email marketing to social media, and from SEO to simple designs.
- Manage the company’s social media channels.
- Develop a consistent social media strategy.
- Ensure our brand voice is reflected and remains consistent across all social channels.
- Create and maintain a social media calendar, and schedule the posts in advance.
- Research and share posts that establish us as experts in the world of sales and CRM.
- Promote all the produced content and transform it into bite-sized, shareable posts.
- Create simple designs to go along with social media posts.
- Monitor the posts’ performance on a weekly basis and adjust the strategy accordingly.
- Engage with our followers and participate in the relevant discussions.
- Engage with our clients and share their relevant news and achievements.
- Create engaging and relevant content for the blog.
- Optimize all the created content and create dedicated SEO posts for relevant key phrases.
- Design and populate landing pages.
- Re-format the existing content (including ever-green).
- Monitor the performance of the produced content and adjust accordingly.
- Develop an efficient email marketing strategy.
- Issue monthly newsletters and A/B test all the components (incl. content, subject line, audience, etc.) to determine the best performing options.
- Assist with issuing internal product emails (via Mandrill).
- Monitor the performance of the newsletters and adjust accordingly.
- Ensure all the produced content is optimized.
- Monitor our positioning in regards to the determined keywords.
- Stay on top of the latest SEO updates and offer recommendations on how to improve our strategy.
- Assist other team members with any content or marketing-related tasks.
- Work with the rest of the team to source additional content (e.g. case studies, developers’ posts, etc.).
- Proofread any produced content, including within the product.
- Other tasks as required.
- Passionate about marketing and stay on top of the latest trends.
- A confident writer who has a strong stand on the use of Em dashes and Oxford commas.
- Structured and organized. You can establish clear priorities and stick to them.
- Ambitious. You want to become the best version of yourself.
- Respectful and protective of the brand. In fact, you’ll fight anyone who tries to mess with it.
- Self-motivated. You don’t need constant reminders to stay on track.
- Respectful of the deadlines. You understand their importance and always aim to complete your tasks on time.
- Bursting with ideas. You don’t just blindly follow instructions but are actively contributing with your own ideas and have a plan on how to implement them.
- Sharp. You don’t need things repeated twice and stay on top of your tasks.
- Attentive to detail. You can spot the tiniest typo or a color mismatch.
- Not a stranger to introspection. You can take a step back, evaluate your own performance, and determine ways for improvement.
- Open-minded, friendly, and have a positive attitude.
- Thriving in a dynamic environment of a small team.
- Good fun to be around 🙂
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience in a B2B SaaS company (essential)
- Excellent command of English language (essential).
- Permission to work in Ireland long-term (essential).
- Extensive and proven experience managing social media channels, preferably for a tech company (essential).
- Understanding of the world of sales, its challenges, and solutions (essential).
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Google Analytics (important).
- A good eye for design and experience producing simple visual content (important).
- Deep understanding of SEO practices and experience applying them (important).
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Mailchimp or similar email marketing tools (important).
- Extensive knowledge and experience using WordPress or similar CMS (important).
- Previous experience conducting A/B tests and using relevant software (preferred).
- Extensive knowledge and experience using graphic design tools such as Adobe suite (or the minimum of Canva) (preferred).
- Previous experience using CRM systems (preferred).
- Previous experience creating and analyzing surveys (bonus).
What we PROMISE:
- You’ll never have a dull moment—there are always new projects, initiatives, and challenges to tackle.
- You’ll be surrounded by a team that is professional, supportive, and lots of fun.
No question is stupid (well, unless it really is).
You’ll never be thrown into the deep (unless you explicitly ask for it, and even then, we’ll throw in a life vest, just in case).
And, on top of it all, we’re lucky enough to still want to hang out together after a full day of work. Which we do, a lot.
- Your work will have a direct impact on the company’s development.
- Transparency. You’ll always know what direction the company is taking and its status.
- June as a “4-day week” month.
- Free gym membership (or alternative wellbeing benefits).
- Free snacks in the office and lots and lots of laughs.
Sounds like your dream job? Send your CV and a cover letter (essential) to email@example.com.
Please note that CVs without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
*The applicant must be living in or ready to relocate to Galway.